Why do customers come to Ace Karts?
Fun. Excitement. And to win.
We want our employees to embrace those values. Because being in tune with our customers is what makes Ace Karts run like a well-oiled machine.
So that's what we look for in an employee. Enthusiasm. An upbeat nature. And a will to succeed. It's what sets us apart from the competition – our passion for the motorsports experience. It's what drives us to be experts in our trade.
It's why we're the best at what we do. And it's why you'll love working with us.
Ace Karts are the leaders in the leisure karting hire industry.
We provide customers with a real-life racing experience and are committed to providing excellent customer service whilst delivering a revolutionary experience, drawing on a passion we have lived and breathed since 1994.
We are seeking a Head Mechanic to join our growing team. We are looking for someone driven, enthusiastic with an upbeat, friendly nature and a will to succeed and do whatever it takes to get the job done. We have an exceptional team who are passionate with an attitude and skillset that sets us apart from the competition. This role will place us in a position where we can expand and drive our business forward to achieve continued business growth.
Ideally, we seek someone with a racing background or a passion for motor sport but, essentially, someone who is mechanically strong, capable of supervising and motivating a small team and demonstrating exceptional customer service. You will be required to undertake tasks that support the day to day running of the workshop and the overall business including stock control, maintenance scheduling and parts management as well responsibility for the safety of staff and the general public.
This role carries a degree of flexibility, working 38 hours over 5 days including 4-week days plus 1 weekend day – subject to change to suit both the business and you.
You should have the following attributes:
- A qualified Mechanic with a forklift LF licence
- Welding and fabricating skills
- Ability to perform small engine rebuilds/reconditioning of parts
- Supervisory skills to manage a small team of mechanics
- Able to maintain workshop machinery to industry standard
- Able to oversee fleet maintenance, stock control and inventory
- Track parts for effective fleet maintenance
- A knowledge of race kart dynamics and geometries
- Ability to diagnose kart handling faults and to test drive vehicles
- Be punctual and reliable with good time management skills
- Have a flair for kart fleet presentation
- Work well within a team and motivate direct reports
- Ability to problem solve with initiative to suggest and deliver solutions when issues arise
- Comfortable handling difficult situations calmly and professionally
- Communicate with internal teams to assist with event coordination
- Be physically fit
- Comply with all workplace H&S policies
Apply via seek link here.
Call us on 03 9360 5005 for more information.