ACE KARTS may amend this policy from time to time as our business requirements or legislation changes. If we decide to change our privacy the updates will be reflected in this policy. .
The types of information that we collect from you will depend on the circumstances of collection and on the type of service you request from us, for example-
• When you request services/products from us, we may collect details such as your name, address, company details, billing address, credit card information, email and phone contacts, etc.
• When you are applying for a position with us we may collect any information required in the course of our recruitment and management process such as your resume, contact details, skills, qualifications, languages spoken, residency status, referees, etc.
• When you are applying for a fundraising opportunity with us we may collect information for the purpose of assessing your franchise or sponsorship application.
• When registering as a ACE KARTS club member we may collect personal information for the purpose of registering you as a ACE KARTS club member.
Any personal information collected by ACE KARTS will only:
• Be collected by lawful and fair means
• Be used for a lawful purpose
• Be collected with your consent,
The purpose for collection will be clear and explicit. Where practicable, the purpose for which we collect personal information and the consequences of not providing it will be made clear at the time of collection. .
We obtain most of your personal information about you when you deal with us directly, i.e. over the telephone, send us correspondence (whether by letter, fax or email), and visit our website or when you contact us in person. As well as collecting information directly from you, there may be occasions when we collect information about you from a third party.Sensitive information
As we are required by law to obtain your consent to the collection of "sensitive information" we will assume that you have consented to the collection of all information, which is provided to us by you in use in accordance with this policy, unless you tell us otherwise.Information collected via our website
Users can generally visit the ACE KARTS website without revealing who they are or other personal information. ACE KARTS will not collect any personal information about visitors to our website except when they knowingly provide it. (e.g. via email, "contact us" form, ACE KARTS club or when applying for a position via our website).
The ACE KARTS website does not use secure communications to transmit information across the internet, if you do not wish to send an email or use an online form, you can send a postal mail to the address specified in the "contact us" section of this policy.
When you visit our website, ACE KARTS makes a record of your visit and logs the pages accessed by external users. This information is used by us to help our administrator and improve our website. No information regarding the identity of users or other information is obtained without your knowledge while you are browsing our website.
No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities, except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect internet logs.
Cookies are small text files, which are places on your hard drives by some websites to store information. The website may utilize cookies to remember who you are each time you visit certain parts of the website. A more detailed explanation can usually be found at the Privacy Commissioner's website http://www.privacy.gov.auLinks
The ACE KARTS website contains links to other sites which may be of interest to you. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy statements. ACE KARTS is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.Use and disclosure of your personal information
• For the main purpose(s) for which it was disclosed at the time of collection
• Where you have consented to the use or disclosure
• Generally we will use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
• To establish and maintain your relationship as an applicant for a position, including providing you with interviews, reference checking, etc.
• To provide the services you have requested from ACE KARTS
• To answer your enquiry
• To register you for events, or competitions etc.
• For direct marketing of products or services and to keep you informed of new developments we believe may be of interest to you. (If we contact you in this way without obtaining your prior consent, we will provide you with the opportunity to decline any further marketing communications)
• Providing a service to you as a ACE KARTS club member including offering you special offers, inviting you to participate in our competitions and surveys, etc.
Personal information submitted for employment purposes will only be used in connection with our application process. It will not be used or disclosed for any other purpose.
ACE KARTS will not use your personal information for any other purpose, without first seeking your consent, unless authorised or required by law.Disclosure of information to third parties
We may share your personal information to third parties, including independent contractors providing services for, or with, ACE KARTS and we may verify with third parties the personal information you provide to us for the purpose for which it was provided.
In all cases, these third parties are contractually required to keep that information confidential. We prohibit the third party contractor from using personal information about you except for the specific purpose for which we supply it.
Other than the above, ACE KARTS will not disclose any information about you without your consent unless:
• We are authorised or required to by law to do so to protect the rights or property of ACE KARTS
• We reasonably believe it is necessary to prevent a threat to life, health or safety
ACE KARTS will endeavor to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information, which we hold. Personal information is stored in our secure servers or secure files.
Generally, we hold personal information of clients, partners, customers, ACE KARTS club members, sponsors, franchisees, debtors, creditors, candidates, etc in a combination of computer storage facilities and paper-based files.
Our secure servers are protected in controlled facilities and can be accessed only by authorised ACE KARTS personnel. All data stored on our servers can be accessed in combination with a valid username and password. Resources are additionally limited with access controls that prevent information being visible to all valid users.
The ACE KARTS network is secured in a virtual private network and protected by firewall technology.
We would like to advise that the internet, however, is not always a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, ACE KARTS cannot accept responsibility for the security of information you send or receive from us over the internet or for any unauthorised access or use of that information. For those who do not wish to use the internet, ACE KARTS provides alternative ways of obtaining and providing information.
To safeguard all information collected, ACE KARTS and all of it's employees follow the practices in this policy. No one is permitted to access, record or disclose information for the purpose other than for which it was intended.
You can access the personal information that ACE KARTS holds about you by contacting ACE KARTS as detailed in the 'Contact Us' section of this policy.
We will provide you with access to your personal information unless we are legally authorised to refuse your request.
We may charge a reasonable amount to cover our costs of providing the information to you.
Keeping your personal information up-to-date
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date whenever we collect or use it.
If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to correct this information. We will respond to your request as quickly as possible, but not more than 14 days after the request has been made.
If you have a complaint about a breach of your privacy of how your personal information is collected or used please direct your complaint to our Client Manager at the address detailed below. We will respond to your query or complaint as soon as possible but not more than 14 days after the complaint has been made.Contact Us
Ph: (03) 9360 5005
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner's website, www.privacy.gov.au
This document was last updated on 29/10/2009.